Saturday, November 14, 2009

Grund Skyer


last week we had roomie fort night. in no particular order we ate pizza, ice cream, drank, watched Black Spring Break: the movie as well as the better of the two: Who's the Man? and played mario kart/attempted gauntlet legends. all in all, a pretty solid night with the ashleys. ashlies? how do you plural my two roommates with the same name? the fort was pretty epic, but I bet fort 2.0 will work out all the kinks of alpha fort.

I was putting away movies at work the other night and out of the corner of my eye I saw some dude dressed in nearly the exact outfit I used to wear all the time when I was 16. was I eight years ahead of the curve for men's wear? or was that guy behind in girl's high school fashion? paradox?

In the meantime, I have started (and can't stop) watching the anime Boys Over Flowers, which I have stupidly been scoffing at all these years. the Korean Drama (they know their drama) based on the series is coming out next week at work, so I thought I should see what this hub-bub was all about. FAN-TASTIC! a quiet but high-spirited girl stands up against the rich mean (good-looking) popular guy bullies at her school... then a love triangle ensues. I love when enemies fall in love, it's my favorite kind of romance. I wrote a blog piece at scarecrow about how insanely popular this series is. I also picked up a phenomenal new manga involving a girl who wants to be a model but she has a creepy smile that makes everyone think she's a criminal and--by ways of quirky fate--gets stuck with the most popular model..... WHO IS ACTUALLY A BOY pretending to be a GIRL! at one point they have to share a hotel room together! it's as if I wrote this myself when I was 14. damn I love that shit.

In more meantime (I seem to have a lot of this lately) I sort-of accidentally started "stumbling upon" sanjixzoro doujinshi again. I am a nerdy perv, and now the whole internet knows this.