Monday, October 12, 2009

of baths & strange happenings


I've been taking a lot of baths lately. our tub fills up really fast because it's sort of shallow. I make sure that the water is so hot, that my skin turns pink because it's burning. not so hot that it's painful, although I've had the thought that if some cannibals barged into the apartment they could make some great Hot Human Water* out of me.

there have been a few times when I'm in the tub, soaking in the warmth, I think about someone I used to know who took baths all the time. I thought it was weird. once he said something like when you pull the drain on your bath, a small percentage of yourself goes down too. I never really understood it unless he was being literal with dead skin flakes (gross). I feel more complete when I get out of a warm bath, so I'm not sure what he was talking about. He was always cynical and dark, anyway.

I've been having a lot of consistently weird "coincidences" happening lately, and I've been surveying friends and family on their opinions of ESP situations. maybe I just want to be more like Alex Mac. I'm nervous about the unknown, as most people are. however maybe it's my need to feel different and I'm grasping every little desperate occurrence and trying to force it to be something more mysterious. I was told some strange things that run through my mom's side of the family, and I'm determined to have some of it handed down to me.

also, NHU is not a thing. and not everything is a coincidence.

I was really into this chain email Devin's grandpa sent him with these facts:
Lincoln & JFK coincidences on wikipedia. I don't think it's a conspiracy, but I'd like to think someone is hinting at a crazy reincarnation situation.

*a twist on an Arrested Development reference