Saturday, October 10, 2009

secret and suspicious third chemical


this poster is such a hypnotizing and creepy poster. it hangs in the break room at work.

speaking of bad habits (stemming from impatience), I learned a really terrible lesson the other night. take your black and white film to professionals! pay double to get it done right! because if you try and get black and white film done at a rinky-dink drug store... YOU WILL GET A BLANK ROLL OF FILM BACK. insult to injury, it was a 36 exp roll. I lost more than usual. all shots from the post-apocalypse shoot. why did I have to learn my lesson on such an invaluable roll? my impatience got me... "one hour at 8 pm please!" I am sad. but as the expression goes--you can't cry over spilled milk.

well, you can but it's not going to make the milk go back in the cup. I still feel in the situation of milk, it is actually something you can replace or deal with in a different manner than my situation. mine is much much worse. but! as my mother drilled into me at times like these "and what did we LEARN from this experience?". learned my lesson loud and clear, mom. good thing some photos were on digital. but isn't that just technology kind of rubbing it in my face?

hmmm well at least I still have my legs. I like to think that when stupid things happen. "it could be worse, you could have one or zero legs." and then losing a roll of film isn't the end of the world anymore.